The Day Care Unit is an exclusive wing of BRB Hospitals to help patients with specific need-based treatment in an out-patient basis. Patients in Day Care are those who undergo procedures not requiring overnight nursing care or stay in the hospital. Patients can have the procedure and then rest and be monitored in Day Care Unit for a few hours after the procedure. Afterwards, they can return home that same day. All beds in Day Care Unit are equipped with life supports. Tariff for availing Day Care Unit facility (maximum 6 hours stay) is Tk. 400 per hour.
Benefits of day care unit
Day Care Unit provides an effective option for treating patients with benefits like:
- Saving time and money of patients and their families
- Allowing patients to maintain communication and contact with home
- Minimizing risks of developing hospital acquired infection
- Avoiding night stay in the hospital, away from family
- Spending justified amount of money for treatment, as required
BRB day care units
BRB Hospitals Limited has four Day Care Units with a total of 35 beds. Our Day Care Units are:
- Chemotherapy Day Care Unit: BRB Hospital Chemotherapy Day Care Unit is dedicated to providing chemotherapy services for the management of cancer patients. Medical oncologists at BRB often utilize chemotherapy, which uses systemic treatment in the form of intravenous injections of anticancer drugs or, less commonly, oral medications to kill cancer cells. Chemotherapy Day Care is located in level-9 of the hospital and has 17 beds. To know more about our chemotherapy and cancer management services, please go to Department of Medical Oncology
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology Day Care Unit: Day Care under Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology is located in level-2 of the hospital and has 18 beds.
- Lithotripsy Day Care Unit: Lithotripsy Day Care (under Urology Department) is located in level-2 of the hospital.
- Day Care Unit Level-9 The Day Care Unit in level-9 of the hospital.
- Day Care Unit is under the following Departments:
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery & Paediatric Urology
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Facilities in day care unit
- Proper monitoring and care by staff nurse
- Consultants who are in touch at all times about patient’s condition
- Available life support facilities equipped with all beds
How to get admitted in day care unit
- Collect an Admission Form from your Consultant before taking admission
- Fill-up the Admission Form and go to Admission Desk Ground Floor with the completed form and payment
- Officers at the Admission Desk will send you to be admitted in the designated Day Care Unit
If needed Day Care Unit, Please contact BRB Hospitals Limited Care Line: 10647